“The value and impact of this curriculum is immeasurable” Diane Harris, Transitions Teacher
NEWLY UPDATED! The latest and most comprehensive transitions curriculum developed. Researched and field-tested!
Designed by two nationally known transition experts, the three-volume curriculum was extensively field-tested in California before becoming a Stanfield bestseller. It is now used in thousands of schools across the country.
The Transitions Curriculum deals with three areas of competency critical to independent living: Personal Management, Career Management, and Life Management. Lessons are filled with highly motivating, hands-on activities. Topics presented are highly relevant to the real-world orientation of young adults today.
You concentrate on the teaching. Let us provide the research, planning, and support materials. The Transitions Curriculum includes more than 300 detailed lessons, 600 reproducible handouts, objectives, relevancy statements, student journal updates, individual and group activities, evaluations, key vocabulary words, materials and preparation sections, core subject crossovers, and SCANS Skills references.
The Transitions Curriculum is the most extensive, flexible, comprehensive print curriculum available today. Piloted, researched, and field-tested by two of the most widely respected hands-on transitions specialists in California, we did the research so you won’t have to! This is the basic curriculum to get your school-to-work program jump-started and up and running to meet government deadlines.
The three-volume Transitions Curriculum will give your students the skills they need to make a successful transition from school to work and adulthood. The post-school adjustment and success of students is one of the most important outcomes of schooling, yet the typical school curriculum often leaves the two-thirds of students who do not go on to college ill-prepared to live and work in their own communities. With the Transitions Curriculum, you can give them this preparation and ready them to meet the demands of adult life.
Here are just some of the NEW features and benefits of the newly updated 2013 edition Transitions Curriculum:
• Assures that you will be teaching the latest and most important Transition-Readiness skills and content.
• Includes over 300 new and revised lessons that reflect present-day economic and cultural realities, including Cyber-Safety.
• Includes over 600 reproducible follow-up worksheets, activities and journal content handouts.
• Contains core subject crossovers and SCANS Skills referenced objectives.
• Uses UDL principles in creating instructional blueprints that can be customized and adjusted to fit individual needs.
• Is the ideal achievement tracking and planning reference for IDEA mandated Summary of Performance (SoP) documents.
Transitions Curriculum is composed of (3) Modules: